KCBD, NewsChannel 11 produces over 40 hours of news programming a week for the NBC and FOX affiliates in Lubbock, TX. As the dominant #1 station in the region, KCBD is committed to excellent journalism and superior news and weather coverage across all platforms. KCBD management makes a significant investment in the investigative franchise, complete with a full strategy team including a researcher/producer to work along side the Investigative Reporter to produce the highest quality investigative journalism. Our digital platforms also dominate in audience, engagement, and content. We invest in the latest news gathering equipment and superior weather technology. KCBD provides the tools, training, and opportunities for success in an ever-changing industry.
KCBD in Lubbock, TX is looking for an aggressive Investigative Reporter to join its award winning investigative team in Lubbock Texas. The experienced reporter must be a passionate self-starter who is unafraid to ask tough questions and has the ability to turn investigations that are relevant and newsworthy. We're looking for a reporter who is ready to take their career to the next level. The winning candidate will be determined to uncover stories, hold officials accountable and get results for those without a voice.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
Work with investigative committee made up of station and news department management and specialists to sustain and grow KCBD investigative brand through highly promoted weekly stories and follow-ups.
- Ability to collaborate with a with a team to produce results based on research driven priorities. -Ability to write and edit compelling stories
- Ability to Enterprise investigative stories
- Ability to write FOIA requests, read and/or analyze data and follow up on requests to local and state agencies (with assistance from investigative producer)
- Curious to dig into complex or important local issues
- Develop sources within the community and political circle to understand and identify important issues
- Develop and create additional graphics for on-air and digital content to provide additional information for social media platforms
- Candidate should have a degree in Journalism or related field
- Always present a professional image as a representative of Gray Television
- Ability to handle moderate stress on a regular basis, meet daily and long range deadlines, work well with others in a team atmosphere
- This is not an entry level position. Must have two years experience in a newsroom.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re8940-44-192-253-106-42 in your application.