Breaking News Reporter - KCBD
KCBD NewsChannel 11 is the NBC affiliate in Lubbock, Texas and the dominant #1 station in the market. Our station is committed to excellent journalism and innovation across all platforms, producing and airing more than 50 hours of original local news and weather programming each week on television. Our 24/7 digital platforms also dominate in audience, engagement and content. We invest in the latest news-gathering equipment and superior weather technology. KCBD provides the training, support, tools and opportunities for success in the ever-changing environment of broadcast and digital content.
KCBD is looking for a hard-working, creative, and energetic reporter to deliver updates from our News Now desk on our morning newscasts and regularly deliver reports in news packages. This is a full-time position that will invest, train and provide opportunities for the winning candidate to grow and advance.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Be a team player
- Gather and deliver on-air the latest developing stories for our morning newscasts. You will collaborate with executive producers, producers, anchors, editors, digital producers, and other team members to deliver the best possible product on-air
- Report from the scene of breaking news
- Deliver packages on local topics of interest
- Write and publish news content for newscasts, digital platforms, and social media
- Empathy for others. A team-builder, with a dedication to collaboration and getting it right.
- Ability to find developing news, fact check, and deliver content on broadcast and digital platforms
- Ability to creatively tell stories using video, utilizing natural sound, and creative editing techniques
- Must be capable of writing and producing pre-planned and breaking news coverage
- Must work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Must practice solid news judgment and have knowledge of current events
- Hands-on experience with editing software
- Understanding of newsgathering cameras and how to gather news at the scene
- Ability to represent the station professionally in the community and newsroom
- College degree in journalism or related field is preferred. Related experience is a plus
- Valid driver's license and excellent driving record
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
KCBD-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9qyoz-44-212-94-18-42 in your application.