- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Job DescriptionKBZK the news leader in Bozeman, Montana is seeking a talented and passionate Multimedia Journalist to join our team. As a Multimedia Journalist, you will play a crucial role in covering local stories that impact our community positively through engaging, informative, and insightful storytelling. We are looking for a creative and versatile journalist who is not only a strong writer but also skilled in video production, digital media, and social media engagement.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Receive assignment or evaluate news leads and news tips to develop story ideas.
• Gather and verify factual information regarding stories through interview, observation, and research.
• Organize material, determine slant or emphasis, and write story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards.
• Shoot video and still photos to illustrate stories.
• Edit, or assists in editing, videos for all multimedia platforms.
• Appear on television program when conducting taped interview or narration
• Give live reports from site of event or mobile broadcast unit.
• Work cooperatively with photographer assigned to story, if one is assigned.
• Assist news producer in preparing newscast.
• Assist online staff in preparing for multi media stories.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• BS/BA in related discipline or equivalent years of experience preferred
• Generally, 3+ years of experience in related field preferred
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
• Computer literacy required, including newsroom computer systems
• Videography and non-linear editing experience preferred
• Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment
• Edit video on Final Cut Pro editing systems, or similar equipment
• Strong broadcast and AP style writing skills
• Proficient at posting content to various websites
• Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Valid driver's license, good driving record, and ability to provide proof of insurance with the company required insurance limits.
We have hikers, rock climbers, mountain bikers, kayakers, runners, skiers, fishing enthusiasts, boaters and every other mixture of diverse backgrounds, passions and life experiences. We are a community of welcoming, mission-focused, and lively people that continue to grow as we grow our company and rise to our full potential in every aspect of our business.
WHERE YOU'LL LIVE, WORK AND PLAY:
Bozeman, Montana, has a history still alive with the remnants of by-gone days and sustains a local heritage that can still be found throughout the community with nine historical districts and more than 40 individual properties listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The town of Bozeman provides a very unique environment for a different kind of a lifestyle and often tops lists of best places to live. It is blessed with relatively good weather, outstanding scenery, unparalleled recreational opportunities, world-class fishing, plenty of cultural activities, galleries, museums, and the like. Tech start-up companies are prevalent and growing in the area.
The Bozeman area has served as a filming site for a number of films, including The Wildest Dream, A River Runs Through It, A Plumm Summer and Amazing Grace and Chuck. Bozeman is a short (and beautiful) drive to Yellowstone National Park. Big Sky resort draws the world's wealthiest people as well as A-list celebrities. If you're skiing at Big Sky, you could literally run into your favorite celebrity or professional athlete. Bozeman is also an up-and-coming foodie town. We have very few chain restaurants because people here want the unique experience of dining local-from pizzerias that feature southwest Montana's best home-grown ingredients to steakhouses that showcase local grass-fed and sustainably raised beef.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro2k52-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
The E.W. Scripps Company is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As one of the nation’s largest local TV broadcasters, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets.