KBTX Media operates the CBS and CW affiliates in Bryan-College Station, Texas, serving an 18 county area known as the Brazos Valley. For more than 60 years, we've been the dominant choice for local news and entertainment. Our team produces six newscasts each weekday and three each weekend, totaling nearly 25 hours each week. KBTX is routinely recognized among the best in the state by organizations including the Associated Press, RTDNA and the Lone Star EMMY Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. The station is the back-to-back winner of the Texas Associaton of Broadcasters' Bonner McLane Public Service award, and a regular regional Murrow Award winner. KBTX is also a recent Texas AP Broadcasters/Freedom of Information Foundation of Texas Station of the Year and Texas Associated Press Broadcasters Station of the Year.
The station has launched the careers of many well-known journalists, meteorologists and network executives, and takes pride in helping talent grow quickly into the nation's largest television markets. The work family of KBTX is made up of a group of dedicated, professional and passionate individuals who are the backbone of our daily mission. Bryan-College Station, Texas is a community of more than 250,000 people and the largest single metro in the Waco-Temple-Bryan DMA. The twin cities have a unique small town feeling, but offers big city amenities, including a vibrant arts community, a city-wide, all-terrain trail system and world-class dining and nightlife. Bryan and College Station are routinely recognized as a leader in quality of life and as one of the fastest growing communities in the country. College Station is home to Texas A&M University, the nation's largest university. Aggie home football games attract more than 100,000 in the stands, with tens of thousands more camped outside celebrating at tailgates during football weekends.
Learn more about KBTX at www.kbtx.com.
KBTX is looking for an innovative newscast producer and assignments editor to join our award-winning team. This person will work closely with the News Director and Assistant News Director in shaping and ensuring the execution of digital-first strategy and high impact story development.
KBTX is looking for an innovative newscast producer and assignments editor to join our award-winning team. This person will work closely with the News Director and Assistant News Director in shaping and ensuring the execution of digital-first strategy and high impact story development. You must be an innovator who can see the big picture, but also a stickler for important details.
We're looking for a producer who lives for urgent, impactful coverage of what's new, now and next, and excels in breaking news and weather situations.
As an assignments editor, you'll set expectations, inspire excellence, and hold the team accountable. You will be a member of the news management team, working with other department managers on major station initiatives. You will also ensure our newsroom is adopting corporate resources and best practices, and that we are a leader within the company and our industry. You are committed to this vision of success.
As the Brazos Valley's dominant #1 news station, you'll have the largest and latest resources to create a show that resonates with viewers. You're joining a team of exceptional journalists that are committed to our community and work to make it better, both on and off camera.
• Produce a daily newsmagazine program, researching, writing and editing daily content for television and digital platforms.
• Deliver a high-quality, well-paced newscast that resonates with key demographics.
• Ensure daily content mix and story selection fit newsroom standards for vision and growth.
• Lead daily and long-term projects, including special event and breaking news coverage. You will help set our coverage tone for the day and oversee brand consistency across your daypart.
• Work with the Director of Digital Content to guide daily digital execution.
• The ideal candidate will have experience producing compelling newscasts in a competitive market and will possess excellent writing skills, solid news judgment, knowledge of AP style and creativity using graphics and video. Experience with ENPS, BitCentral or Edius is a big plus.
• Candidates should exhibit a good work ethic, strong people skills, the ability to be a team player and must maintain a professional attitude at all times. This position requires availability to work weekends, and may require holiday work.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d28146-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.