News Reporter / MMJ - KBTX
NEWS REPORTER/MMJ (MORNING) - KBTX
KBTX Media operates the CBS and CW affiliates in Bryan-College Station, Texas, serving an 18 county area known as the Brazos Valley. For more than 60 years, we've been the dominant choice for local news and entertainment. Our team produces six newscasts each weekday and three each weekend, totaling nearly 25 hours each week. KBTX is routinely recognized among the best in the state by organizations including the Associated Press, RTDNA and the Lone Star EMMY Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. The station is the back-to-back winner of the Texas Association of Broadcasters' Bonner McLane Public Service award, and a regular regional Murrow Award winner. KBTX is also a recent Texas AP Broadcasters/Freedom of Information Foundation of Texas Station of the Year and Texas Associated Press Broadcasters Station of the Year.
The station has launched the careers of many well-known journalists, meteorologists and network executives, and takes pride in helping talent grow quickly into the nation's largest television markets. The work family of KBTX is made up of a group of dedicated, professional and passionate individuals who are the backbone of our daily mission. Bryan-College Station, Texas is a community of more than 250,000 people and the largest single metro in the Waco-Temple-Bryan DMA. The twin cities have a unique small town feeling, but offers big city amenities, including a vibrant arts community, a city-wide, all-terrain trail system and world-class dining and nightlife. Bryan and College Station are routinely recognized as a leader in quality of life and as one of the fastest growing communities in the country.
College Station is home to Texas A&M University, the nation's largest university. Aggie home football games attract more than 100,000 in the stands, with tens of thousands more camped outside celebrating at tailgates during football weekends.
Learn more about KBTX at www.kbtx.com.
KBTX Media is looking for a dynamic Reporter/MMJ to join the Brazos Valley's number one news team. In this position, you'll take viewers ahead of the headlines, behind the scenes of our community's biggest events, into restaurants that haven't opened yet, and into businesses that are changing the face of our community.
Bryan-College Station is consistently ranked as one of the fastest growing communities in the country and among the very best places to live in the United States. Our morning reporter works every day to be the Brazos Valley's guide to that growth.
This high-energy, high-expectations position is a popular fixture on Brazos Valley This Morning, the market's leading morning newscast. You're joining a team of exceptional journalists that are committed to our community and work to make it better, both on and off camera.
The ideal morning reporter will demonstrate solid news judgment and storytelling abilities, with a passion for delivering original, imaginative content every day. A dynamic personality, comfort in live television reporting and a positive, compelling attitude are essential for this role.
A successful candidate will handle both feature reporting and breaking news equally well. Every day, they will create and present compelling content for broadcast, online and social media.
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited, to:
• Identifying and booking relevant local stories each day for the morning show audience.
• Researching and creating daily content for television, social and web platforms, including daily dynamic live shots and packages.
• Meeting daily and weekly deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Creating and facilitating working relationships with local business owners and community leaders.
• Developing feature franchise content, which may require travel and time outside of a standard workday.
Candidates should also exhibit a good work ethic, strong people skills, the ability to be a team player and work flexibly. This position may require holiday work. • Strong writing and organizational skills.
• Enjoy a fast paced environment with a desire to win
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Two years of experience in a TV newsroom, as well as a college degree in broadcast journalism or a related field are expected. Experience with ENPS, BitCentral and Grass Valley EDIUS are a big plus. Experience in reviewing legal/court documents, submitting open records requests, and an established and responsible presence on digital platforms are also appreciated.
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r09oke-3-238-136-36-42 in your application.