MMJ / Photojournalist - KBTX
MMJ/PHOTOJOURNALIST (MORNING) - KBTX
KBTX Media operates the CBS and CW affiliates in Bryan-College Station, Texas, serving an 18 county area known as the Brazos Valley. For more than 60 years, we've been the dominant choice for local news and entertainment. Our team produces six newscasts each weekday and three each weekend, totaling nearly 25 hours each week. KBTX is routinely recognized among the best in the state by organizations including the Associated Press, RTDNA and the Lone Star EMMY Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. The station is the back-to-back winner of the Texas Association of Broadcasters' Bonner McLane Public Service award, and a regular regional Murrow Award winner. KBTX is also a recent Texas AP Broadcasters/Freedom of Information Foundation of Texas Station of the Year and Texas Associated Press Broadcasters Station of the Year. The station has launched the careers of many well-known journalists, meteorologists and network executives, and takes pride in helping talent grow quickly into the nation's largest television markets. The work family of KBTX is made up of a group of dedicated, professional and passionate individuals who are the backbone of our daily mission.
Bryan-College Station, Texas is a community of more than 250,000 people and the largest single metro in the Waco-Temple-Bryan DMA. The twin cities have a unique small town feeling, but offers big city amenities, including a vibrant arts community, a city-wide, all-terrain trail system and world-class dining and nightlife. Bryan and College Station are routinely recognized as a leader in quality of life and as one of the fastest growing communities in the country.
College Station is home to Texas A&M University, the nation's largest university. Aggie home football games attract more than 100,000 in the stands, with tens of thousands more camped outside celebrating at tailgates during football weekends.
Learn more about KBTX at www.kbtx.com.
KBTX Media is looking for a multimedia journalist to join the Brazos Valley's number one news team. The ideal candidate demonstrates solid news judgment and storytelling abilities, with a passion for delivering original, imaginative content every day.
A successful MMJ candidate will write, shoot, edit and present compelling content both on-air and online. You'll also play a key role in working with other KBTX journalists to develop both long- and short-term stories with a focus on uncovering the human side of each story.
You must independently enterprise content, enjoy and remain active on social media, and use your storytelling skills to offer meaningful context to issues affecting the Brazos Valley. Great writing and a willingness to learn will earn you this position.
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited, to:
- Identifying the day's most important stories and sourcing materials relevant to your audience
- Researching, writing and editing daily content for television and digital platforms
- Generating daily stories and content, along with regular enterprise reporting
- Working alongside morning reporter to produce impactful, high-energy live content
- Meet daily and weekly deadlines in a fast-paced environment, including a strong digital focus
• Candidates should also exhibit a good work ethic, strong people skills, the ability to be a team player and always maintain a professional attitude. This position requires availability to work weekends and may require holiday work.
• Experience in a TV newsroom, as well as a college degree in broadcast journalism or a related field are expected. Experience in reviewing legal/court documents, submitting open records requests, and an established and responsible presence on digital platforms are a big plus.
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g65j88-18-232-52-135-42 in your application.