Lifestyle Producer - KBTX
KBTX Media operates the CBS and CW affiliates in Bryan-College Station, Texas, serving an 18 county area known as the Brazos Valley. For more than 60 years, we've been the dominant choice for local news and entertainment. Our team produces six newscasts each weekday and three each weekend, totaling nearly 25 hours each week.
KBTX is routinely recognized among the best in the state by organizations including the Associated Press, RTDNA and the Lone Star EMMY Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. The station is the back-to-back winner of the Texas Association of Broadcasters' Bonner McLane Public Service award, and a regular regional Murrow Award winner. KBTX is also a recent Texas AP Broadcasters/Freedom of Information Foundation of Texas Station of the Year and Texas Associated Press Broadcasters Station of the Year. The station has launched the careers of many well-known journalists, meteorologists and network executives, and takes pride in helping talent grow quickly into the nation's largest television markets. The work family of KBTX is made up of a group of dedicated, professional and passionate individuals who are the backbone of our daily mission.
Bryan-College Station, Texas is a community of more than 250,000 people and the largest single metro in the Waco-Temple-Bryan DMA. The twin cities have a unique small town feeling, but offers big city amenities, including a vibrant arts community, a city-wide, all-terrain trail system and world-class dining and nightlife. Bryan and College Station are routinely recognized as a leader in quality of life and as one of the fastest growing communities in the country.
College Station is home to Texas A&M University, the nation's largest university. Aggie home football games attract more than 100,000 in the stands, with tens of thousands more camped outside celebrating at tailgates during football weekends.
Learn more about KBTX at www.kbtx.com.
KBTX Media is looking for a producer to help launch a new, lifestyle-focused broadcast on the Brazos Valley's dominant #1 station. You'll help develop and execute an original show designed to showcase the best of the Brazos Valley. This position will also require you to interact with station clients and regularly collaborate with the Sales Department. The ideal candidate is creative, organized, willing to take risks, and and a deeply compelling storyteller.
Bryan-College Station is consistently ranked as one of the fastest growing communities in the country, but still tops annual lists of the best places to live in the United States. The Three, an all-new lifestyle program, will celebrate those things that make the Brazos Valley such a unique leader in quality of life.
The hourlong broadcast airs live on weekdays and features a combination of original reporting, live studio guests, sponsored content and interviews, trending and buzzworthy news, and pre-produced stories showcasing the very best our community has to offer.
The ideal candidate thrives when working with a team, exhibits strong editorial judgment and is willing to do what it takes to get the best story. As a producer, you'll guide the show's editorial process, work with anchors and reporters to create compelling enterprise content, develop story ideas, and oversee innovative broadcasts that take intentional, creative risks.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Produce hourlong daily newscasts on broadcast and digital platforms, along with additional shows or segments that may air outside the program's regular schedule.
• Assist in managing broadcast program, website and social media.
• Work with Sales Department on all sponsored elements of the show, and develop a reporting procedure with News Director and Local Sales Manager to keep them apprised of daily content, in order to collaborate if opportunities arise.
• Pitch, enterprise, create, and syndicate local, creative content
• Lead the production of enterprise special reports on a quarterly basis
• A minimum of two years producing a lifestyle show, segments, or live show preferred, along with experience with ENPS, BitCentral and/or Grass Valley EDIUS.
• Ability to prioritize and address multiple projects with varying production timelines
• Must be energetic, positive, and great in a team environment
• Must be a highly motivated self-starter, able to work well alone and as part of a team
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Ability to lead and work well with others.
• Strong editorial skills and ability to think creatively under constant deadline pressure.
• Must have the ability to stay up to date on current events; what's popular, trendy, etc.
• Candidates should also exhibit a good work ethic, strong people skills, the ability to be a team player and work flexibly. This position may require holiday work.
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g43827-3-234-244-105-42 in your application.