KBOI/KYUU has an immediate opening to produce our 5:30pm news and contribute to our local news gathering efforts. In this role, you will produce the station's most watched newscast and then help with content gathering efforts in the evening by positioning crews to cover what's happening. You will get to interact with state and local leaders as you help set-up stories for our news reporters. This position will work closely with Anchors, Managers, Reporters and our Digital Content Team.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Solid news judgment
• Be a compelling and accurate writer
• Be able to multitask and manage time in order to put together an exciting and informative newscast
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
• Strong leadership and communication skills
• The ability to execute news strategies and goals in daily newscasts and content gathering efforts
• Flexibility and on-the-spot problem solving abilities are a must
• College degree in journalism or a related field preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk3zjk-3-235-60-144-42 in your application.