KBAK/KBFX is looking for a take-charge General Assignment Reporter to help us continue to grow and empower our audiences! This person must be able to jump from politics and transit stories to issues about the local economy and environment. Show us how you can hold the powerful accountable! The successful candidate will demonstrate a history of strong journalism leadership from the desk and the field. We want a person who is creative and courageous when it comes to creating innovative storytelling content on digital and TV.
Covering breaking news is part of the job, but we want an anchor/reporter who can look beyond the headlines to pitch enterprise stories on a broad range of relevant news topics that serve our audience.
No day will look the same as a Reporter, however, the main responsibilities of the role will include:
• Create, shoot, write and edit meaningful stories for the station's newscast that can be used across multiple platforms
• Fill-in anchor as needed for our evening newscasts
• Provide news on-air as directed by the news management team
• Engaging with local community members
• Reviewing material for fairness, accuracy, and balance
• Work closely with all members of the news team, which would include Producers, Editors, Anchors, News Directors etc..
Additionally, this person should have a…
• Proven knowledge and experience working with current media creation tools and contemporary newsroom systems
• Excel in storytelling across multiple platforms
• Strong writing and copy-editing skills are a must
• At least four years of experience in a professional newsroom environment (More or less depending on market size)
• Must be able to work well under pressure to meet strict deadlines
While applying online, please include a link to your online demo reel. Applications without an online demo reel will not be considered.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnp1n1-44-200-74-241-42 in your application.