KBAK/KBFX has an exciting opportunity for an AM Live Desk Reporter. A minimum of 1-year reporting experience is preferred. We're looking for someone with sharp news judgment, excellent technical skills, and the ability to work well independently. You will need to be able to write and edit quickly and bring urgency to breaking morning news. We need an aggressive rock star! Experience with live shots is required, experience with Live-U is a plus. You will be expected to produce daily content on a variety of platforms including the Internet, social networking sites, and mobile phones, in addition to television. You must have and maintain a valid driver's license and a good driving record.
No day will look the same as a Reporter, however, the main responsibilities of the role will include:
• Create, shoot, write and edit meaningful stories for the station's newscast that can be used across multiple platforms
• Provide news on-air as directed by the news management team
• Engaging with local community members
• Reviewing material for fairness, accuracy, and balance
• Work closely with all members of the news team, which would include Producers, Editors, Anchors, News Directors, etc.
Additionally, this person should have:
• Proven knowledge and experience working with current media creation tools and contemporary newsroom systems
• Excel in storytelling across multiple platforms
• Strong writing and copy-editing skills are a must
• 1 year of experience as a Reporter
• Must be able to work well under pressure to meet strict deadlines
While applying online, please include a web link to your recent work.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8qx4x-35-172-111-71-42 in your application.