KATV News has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Weekend Sports Anchor / Weekday Sports Reporter. We are looking for someone who can dig into college and high school sports teams with the expectation to break news on-air and online. The ideal candidate will understand how sports reporting is changing and how to set themselves apart in the digital landscape. In this role, you will be required to produce daily content on a variety of platforms including the internet and social networks, along with performing other duties as assigned by the sports director and news managers. It is important to have strong writing skills and to have knowledge of all sports. Dynamic live television and storytelling skills are a must.
Skills and Experience:
• A self-starter and who can generate his or her own story ideas on a daily basis
• Ability to demonstrate enterprise sports reporting and creativity in storytelling
• Exemplary communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to maintain an active social media presence to build your brand and solicit original story ideas
• Excellent shooting and editing abilities (preferably using Avid Newscutter)
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Previous anchoring experience is strongly preferred but we will work with the right candidate seeking that first anchor position
• Must have at least 2 years of on-air experience
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism or related subject is preferred
• Live shot experience is required
• Previous experience working in a team environment is a must
While applying online, please include a link to your online demo reel. Applications without a reel will be discarded.
KATV News and our parent company Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk190p-18-208-132-74-42 in your application.