KATV has an immediate opening for a News Reporter / Producer. This hybrid position is newly created and will offer the best of being behind the scenes and in front of the camera. This person will produce newscasts on the weekends and be in the community reporting on news that matters to our viewers during the week. We are looking for someone who is flexible, creative, and energetic and who can think and perform outside the box. The ideal candidate should have an understanding of what goes into a good story and in a good newscast. They should have great writing skills, a solid work ethic and a positive attitude.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Solid news judgment
• Be a compelling and accurate writer
• Be able to multitask and manage time in order to put together an exciting and informative newscast
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
• Strong leadership and communication skills
• Flexibility and on-the-spot problem solving abilities are a must
• Create, shoot, write and edit meaningful stories for station's newscast that can be used across multiple platforms
• Provide news on-air as directed from the news management team
• Engaging with local community members
• Review material for fairness, accuracy, and balance
• Work closely with all members of the news team, which would include Producers, Editors, Anchors, managers etc.
• A journalism degree is preferred
• Proven knowledge and experience working with current media creation tools and contemporary newsroom systems
• Excel in storytelling across multiple platforms
• Strong writing and copy-editing skills are a must
• Must be able to work well under pressure to meet strict deadlines
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwb2kk-18-232-177-219-42 in your application.