Regional Automotive Sales Manager
Sinclair Broadcast Group
KATU, KUNP and KATU.com is looking for a strong Director of Sales to help guide our local, national and digital sales efforts. This position requires an individual who possesses strong leadership skills who can direct a multiple station sales and management team, in selling new business and creating revenue streams through a multi-screen integrated approach. The candidate must have a successful track record in sales management, staff recruitment and developmental skills as well as strong leadership capabilities.
In this position you will:
• Achieve/exceed budgeted financial goals and grow the station's revenue share, with a holistic approach to finding revenue outside of the traditional areas.
• Train, manage, and motivate all sales personnel and sales management to perform at the highest level
• Manage sales for the station including local, national, new business, project and digital interactive revenue stream
• Lead the sales effort to maximize our lifestyle brands
• Lead sales promotions and develop non-traditional revenue sources
• Manage and control sales revenue by developing strong relationships with local clients, pricing our products competitively and the ability to turn ideas into revenue.
• Work with the promotions and news departments to create station initiatives that form partnerships in the community and generate revenue
• Stay up to date and study sales structures and flow of business to help the station evolve and adapt.
• Use the assets of the company to engage and inform clients / prospects to the power of our audience.
• Have an ability to recruit and retain the best talent available
• Other responsibilities as assigned
Additional responsibilities will include forecasting, inventory control and pricing, political and FCC responsibilities, development of non-traditional revenue sources, as well as new media and strategic planning. Excellent inventory management is essential, and familiarity with Wide Orbit a plus!
• 10+ years experience in TV Sales Management
• Hands on TV advertising sales and operational background is a must
• Ability to grow revenue through digital interactive and other approaches
• Strong and positive leadership skills
• Highly skilled leader, negotiator and motivator
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OSI or WideOrbit preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!