KATU/KUNP has an exciting opportunity for a full-time news operations manager to lead our staff of Photographers, Multimedia Journalists (MMJs) and editors. We are looking for a leader who knows how to tell great stories with video and sound, and can inspire excellence from the staff. Our news operations leader manages, evaluates, and develops a team of photographers, editors, and MMJs. Along with daily news gathering, the news operations manager is responsible for recruiting and training staff photographers and editors, and ensuring vehicle and equipment maintenance is being performed regularly. The manager also oversees video transfer operations in the newsroom and supports the news process with technical expertise and works on the news management team to help plan and execute news strategy for daily newscasts and news special projects.
Candidate must be able to perform the following:
• Provide constructive feedback on shooting and editing of videographer staff
• Train staff on ENG truck and Live U operation
• Assist News Director with hiring and scheduling of staff
• Maintain Avid system
• Oversee equipment and vehicle maintenance
• Must have at least three (3) years of television news photography and non-linear editing experience
• Must also be professional, organized, and highly motivated
• Knowledge and experience with television news photography is required
• Technical knowledge of SAT vehicles, LIVE U, and AVID editing is a must
• The ability to work with reporters, edtors, and Multimedia Journalists, as well as independently be able to gather and meet news deadlines is required
• Knowledge of video transfer systems is preferred
• Curiosity about finding and using emerging technologies for shooting and editing is highly desired'
While completing the online application, please include a recent web link of your work.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz52jq-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.