KATU/KUNP is seeking an aggressive, energetic and creative full-time News Assignment Editor!
Skills and Experience:
• Assign and track news crews
• Identify and develop daily content
• Write and post content to station website and social media sites
• Compelling and accurate writing
• Listen to scanners and react to breaking news, make beat checks, monitor web sites and social media, react to developing news
• Develop and maintain contacts and sources to enterprise story ideas
• Listen for and respond to breaking news
• Assisting in the efficient operations of the assignment desk
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Minimum of 1 year of assignment desk experience or reporting or MMJ experience
• Commitment to journalistic standards of ethics and accuracy
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Basic computer knowledge/word processing skills
• General knowledge and interest in local, national and world news
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
• Proficiency with Facebook, Twitter and emerging social media platforms
• Bachelor's Degree with a major in journalism is also preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb5nmy-3-234-244-105-42 in your application.