KATU/KUNP is looking for an experienced, dynamic anchor/reporter. In addition to being an outstanding journalist with a great personality, you need to be a team leader. Our anchors are leaders who participate in the planning of our shows and produce content regularly. In addition, our anchor must also report nightly for the late news bringing compelling content to the newscast. A competitive passion to win and openness to innovation is mandatory! Our winning candidate will be someone who embraces social media and knows how to consistently engage with the audience. Collaboration is a big part of this role!
The ideal candidate will have:
• Strong Leadership skills
• Smooth/pleasant delivery
• Strong writing skills and news judgment
• Demonstrate skill in using investigative techniques in daily stories
• Strong poise to ask difficult questions of sources comfortably
• Exemplary communication skills
Requirements and Qualifications:
• You must have at least 3 years of on-air experience and 2 years of full time anchoring experience is preferred
• Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred
• Live commercial television experience is a must
• Strong ''in-the-field and live'' skills
• Exceptional written communications skills using a conversational writing style
• Strong editorial judgment and a proven ethical foundation
While applying online, please include a link to your online demo reel
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm190x-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.