KATU-TV (ABC) & Univision Portland/Sinclair Broadcast Group is seeking an enthusiastic, motivated Local Sales Manager to build and maintain a high-performing sales team that exceeds revenue goals by driving client results through creative multiplatform marketing solutions (including linear,
over-the-top, digital, and developmental). Sinclair Broadcast Group, an omnichannel media company, is ranked one of Linkedin's Top Companies in Media & Entertainment in 2022.
Not every day will look the same, however, the main responsibilities of our Local Sales Manager will include the below responsibilities:
• Lead, coach, and motivate the sales team to meet & exceed departmental key performance indicators and sales revenue goals, while upholding a positive culture
• Recruit, retain, and train a diverse group of Marketing Consultants (MCs) to effectively prospect, present, and sell our suite of solutions to customers locally, regionally, and nationally
• Serve as a player/coach, leading from the front and shoulder-to-shoulder, being accountable to the team and holding the team accountable to the metrics/goals, and exhibiting extreme ownership
• Cultivate strong relationships with & retain/grow local advertisers through customer-focused solutions and white glove customer service, leveraging our multiplatform suite of products (OTT, Lifestyle, Linear, Programmatic, Digital, etc)
• Live, breathe, and advocate a multimedia-first approach to driving new developmental efforts (new business and digital accounts) ensuring the Marketing Consultants achieve their revenue goals
• Establish sales strategies, plans, and alignment in support of revenue goals by creating annual, quarterly, and monthly business plans that link to revenue goals, including budgets, in consultation with the Director of Sales
• Assess the sales team in different situations, providing timely/relevant coaching and conduct/recommend appropriate training
• Passion for presenting and selling high profile sports (NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, NCAA Football, etc) & special programming (Academy Awards, American Music Awards, Country Music Award)
• Regularly attend sales calls with Marketing Consultants, providing aide, support, and in-field coaching when applicable
• Stay educated on industry and category trends, providing insights to the team and clients, setting ourselves apart from the competition
• Review and resolve preemptions daily, managing sales orders, pricing, and inventory with the Director of Sales
• Perform other duties as assigned
What skills do you need to be successful in our role?
• 3+ years of broadcast sales experience (including television sales) and team management experience preferred
• A successful candidate must have excellent communication and leadership skills, business acumen, and a high sense of urgency
• Ability to lead, train and inspire sales professionals
• Working knowledge of linear & new media, digital interactive initiatives, & social media
• Hands-on experience developing new business as a skilled negotiator and motivator, a proven track record of digital success
• Passion for leading and contributing to a sales team with a positive mindset
• Effective relationship building, customer service, communication, and negotiation skills
• Strong understanding of the changing landscape of integrated marketing
• Ability to anticipate, meet and/or exceed customer needs, wants, and expectations
• 3+ years of sales management experience
• Experience with Wide Orbit Media Sales & Wide Orbit Traffic (or similar application) is a plus
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwz6oj-34-232-62-64-42 in your application.