KATU/KUNP has an immediate opening for a Digital Executive Producer will use strong journalism skills and experience to oversee news content for overall fairness, balance, and accuracy on all digital platforms. The ideal candidate will guide a team to produce daily news content and oversee production of special programming in the digital sphere. You will work closely with digital and broadcast producers and reporters and the assignment desk on daily selection and coverage. As a newsroom leader, the expectation is that the Executive Producer will lead by example and be able to teach use of digital and social tools and strategy to new employees.
Some additional responsibilities of our Executive Producer will include
• Oversee daily digital publishing to ensure we are serving our local communities by sharing relevant information to alert, protect and empower our audiences
• Supervise digital producers and work with reporters, as well as, review scripts and provide feedback to encourage powerful storytelling according to the needs of each platform
• Manage news room and handle breaking news situations to empower and grow our audiences
• Collaborate with News Director, excecutive producers, and all content gathers and other station managers to create special segments, some of which are revenue generators for sales
• Planning and overseeing continuity and strategy for website and social platforms
What skills do you need to be successful in our role?
• Proven track record of creating compelling and engaging stories across multiple platforms to accepted journalistic standards of fairness and accuracy
• Ability to preform well under pressure, experience managing breaking news and meeting strict deadlines
• Ability to identity problems and provide solutions
• A strong commitment to journalistic standards and ethics
• Extraordinary people skills with an emphasis on coaching and motivating
• Strong understanding of how to drive digital traffic
• Minimum of 2 years exp producing in a television news environment or equivalent
• A college degree in Journalism or a related field is preferred
• Strong writing skills and a proven track record for getting results on initiatives
• Understanding how to interpret newsroom brand in the digital sphere without resorting to clickbait
• Understanding how to gather digital analytics and use them to set goals
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw3592-34-239-154-201-42 in your application.