KATU/KUNP seeks an experienced Digital Content Producer who is excited about producing news stories on multiple platforms. A successful candidate knows how to use analytics to guide story choices and understands the needs of different platforms. But first, you have to know and love NEWS!
• Basic understanding of online photo editing platforms
• Videography and basic editing skills would be helpful
• Creating/writing engaging, innovative posts for sharing on social media platforms
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task while also working independently when needed
• Must be able to learn from mistakes and be receptive to guidance/feedback
• Able to communicate and work well with the digital and Newsroom teams
• Ability to understand/talk to a wide variety of sources, including but not limited to press releases, social media posts, government statements and court rulings, and be able to seamlessly report/post online news content/stories from that source
• College degree required
• Two years (minimum) of writing for news organizations required
• Will write, create, and post content to KATU.com
• Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced newsroom, juggling push alerts, livestreaming, writing and updating digital stories while being able to conceive/implement posts for social media all while communicating with web and TV reporters/producers/Assignment Desk
• Post breaking news stories and video to digital platforms in order to continue our tradition of being the first station in the market with update
• Review wires, feeds, news partners (CNN and ABC News) other news sources, social media and the internet for content to round out local, regional and national coverage on site
• Be able to quickly and accurately communicate with TV and digital producers about digital issues/trends/developments
• Identify stories/content/video that can drive engagement and audience growth across KATU's digital platforms
• Compile, edit, write news stories from a variety of sources, including but not limited to KATU-TV, the web, social media, wire services and press releases with an emphasis on delivering breaking news quickly and accurately
• Enterprise, report and write local news stories that have clear, compelling headlines
• Work with editors, reporters, producers and managers across all KATU platforms to quickly post information while looking for video that can be uploaded and posted to KATU digital platforms
• Brainstorm, research and create web extras to accompany news stories
• Produce multi-faceted online stories giving consideration to adding relevant content, including previous stories, video, images, audio and external links
• Maintain the highest journalistic standards
• Manage and support existing daily online newsletters while thinking strategically about new newsletters that can grow user base and increase site traffic to KATU.com
• Able to learn new interactive tools to tell/present online information.
• Reviews and maintains all sections of the site and makes periodic recommendations for improving site appearance and content
• Suggests new approaches to covering stories and presenting information for digital formats
• Searches for new and better ways to promote KATU.com content, especially sections targeted for growth
• Be an idea generator for content that can driver engagement to digital from on-air and back
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re55e0-35-172-223-251-42 in your application.