Senior News Producer
Little Rock, AR
KARK & KLRT, the NBC and FOX affiliates in Little Rock, Arkansas, are looking for a standout Morning Anchor/Reporter. We want a journalist who has it all: great storyteller, strong on-air presence, big personality, big energy, social-media star, digital-first mindset, and a news junkie who will help us win breaking news. We need someone with the mentality of a bulldog reporter. You must be curious and competitive. Above all, you need to have an optimistic outlook and a winning attitude.
Apply online at www.nexstar.tv. Please include link to reel when applying!
• Evaluate news leads and tips to develop story ideas. Gather and verify accurate information regarding articles through interviews, remark as well as research.
• Build network of sources who supply information that allows the company to stay ahead of its competitors.
• Present compelling, clear, creative and accurate live shots.
• Organize material and write articles based on the details and information obtained.
• Use various social platforms to give updates as well as news stories to the public.
Requirements & Skills:
• Solid vocal delivery, camera presence, and clear enunciation.
• Strong reporting skills.
• Understand importance of digital and social media.
• Excellent reading, writing, spelling, grammar and organizational skills.
• Promotes teamwork and maintains attitude of cooperation with all station personnel.
• Bachelor's degree in Communication/Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Fluency in English.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required.
• Minimum three years' television anchoring and reporting experience required. Beginners need not apply
• Superior on-air presence.
• Excellent news judgment with an expansive knowledge of local and national current events, history, newsmakers and issues.
• Experience guiding, directing and motivating others.
• Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to effectively listen to fully understand problems and communicate with a team to shape a solution.
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record.
• Flexibility to work any shift.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Morning Anchor/Reporter must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors occasionally in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. Must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.