Part-Time Facility Assistant- UYA
Job Title: Part-Time Facility Assistant- UYA
Job Summary: The Kansas City MLB Urban Youth Academy is a nonprofit organization with the mission to empower Kansas's City's youth through baseball, softball, academic and social opportunities to be the leaders of tomorrow.
The normal working schedule for this position is Weekdays from 5:00pm to 8:30pm or the conclusion of nightly activities. This position also requires weekend work with varying start times and shift lengths.
The main task for the Facility Assistant (Groundskeeper) is the field preparation and tear down of all Academy games. Whether that be for R.B.I League, Highschool, Collegiate games or other events that are scheduled.
• Receive daily field usage from Facility & Operations Manager
• Move necessary equipment for each game or event, including but not limited to pitching mound, bases and temporary fencing
• Monitor games and enforce all facility policies, including but not limited to no seeds or shelled nuts and no metal cleats.
• Manage cleanliness of dugouts and fields, emptying trash as needed and removing litter in and around fields.
• Help resolve any conflicts that may arise or refer to a full-time employee on site or the Facility Lead on duty.
• Use the lobby TV at the front desk as reference for the day's events, as well as us TripleSeat schedule software.
• Ensure the correct team/party is on the field they have been assigned
• Drag, chalk and water dirt infield as directed
• Repair wear areas including batters boxes and bullpens as needed.
• Assist in placing and removing the infield tarp as directed.
• Represent the Royals Organization in a professional manner
• Monitor and perform laundry daily or as necessary to ensure the Athletic Training and Concessions teams have clean towels
• Maintain the cleanliness and organization of the equipment room, storage pods and storage sheds.
Position Qualifications, Skills, and Experience Required:
• Adaptable to changing conditions including inclement weather.
• Clear and effective communicator
• Superior interpersonal skills
• Strong organization skills
• Demonstrated experience taking instruction and preforming duties assigned.
• Dependable and trustworthy
• Ability to lift items weighing as much as 75 pounds
• Must be able to work in a seated position for majority of workday
• Must be able to be productive utilizing a computer keyboard and telephone
• Must be able to be productive in a work environment where the noise level can be high at times
• Specific vision abilities include close vision and ability to adjust focus
• Must be comfortable walking to navigate the facility to access the office, concourse, etc.
• Must be able to work extended hours and/or weekends as required by deadlines and event scheduling
The physical demands described here are representative of those that may be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit for long periods of time; walk; use hands, handle, or feel.
This role is a Part-Time, Non-Exempt opportunity that is not eligible for Company Benefits, 401K, and PTO. The schedule for this position is dependent on our team schedule and is subject to change.
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, the Kansas City Royals will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, the Club also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions please inquire with Human Resources by email at email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpo224-34-239-154-201-42 in your application.