KABB/WOAI has an immediate opening for a creative News Producer! In this role, you will be responsible for the day-to-day production of our newscasts. This position will also work closely with the Executive Producer, Director, Assignment Desk and Anchors on the newscast and its content. You will determine the content and flow of newscasts, work with management and on-air staff to generate and write stories and develop content for our web site.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have solid news judgment
• Be a compelling writer
• Be able to multitask and manage time
• Be able to be in a fast paced and deadline driven environment
• Have strong leadership and communication skills and be able to troubleshoot on the spot
• Have non-linear editing skills and be familiar with newsroom systems such as I-News
• Previous news producing experience is a must
• Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred
• Be able to work a varied schedule including weekends and holidays
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm9k56-35-172-224-102-42 in your application.