Since Chris Blackwell first started Island Records in Jamaica 62 years ago, it has remained one of the world's most legendary record labels and a coveted destination for new and established artists across genres. Today, Island is home to a varied roster across the US and UK. Its unique ethos has provided the platform for launching some of the biggest and most influential artists across the musical spectrum, including Bob Marley, U2, Grace Jones, Cat Stevens, and more recently Amy Winehouse and Mumford & Sons. Its US roster includes Shawn Mendes, Jessie Reyez, Skip Marley, Demi Lovato, Bon Jovi, Sabrina Carpenter, Nick Jonas, The Killers and more.
We are currently seeking an accomplished Executive Administrative professional with solid experience supporting multiple senior executives. This role requires exceptional attention to detail, great organizational skills, the ability to meet critical deadlines and to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information and professionalism in dealing with senior executives inside and outside the company is essential. This role will represent the executive in a positive and professional manner and partner with the executive to help ensure the effectiveness of the function. The ideal candidate will take initiative, identify solutions, and be ten steps ahead of what needs to be done.
How you'll CREATE:
• Day-to-day management of two Senior Executive's schedules
• Manage office and time in a fast-paced environment and anticipate critical events/Executive's needs (Schedule meetings/ appointments and manage calendar and travel itineraries)
• Read and route correspondence; draft responses and other documents as requested; assist with email management
• Manage schedule by planning internal and external meetings, conferences, teleconferences, arrange corporate events, etc.
• Extensive travel and meeting coordination
• Screen and prioritize phone/email correspondence and inquiries
• Interacting with client and potential clients as well as other artists and high-level visitors, in person or by telephone or email
• Prepare internal and external corporate documents/ presentations including preparation for media interviews
• Regular meeting prep and coordination including food ordering, document prep and organization as directed, occasional meeting coverage and note taking
• Prepare submission of expense claims in a timely manner
• Special project coordination requiring follow-up and meeting of deadlines
• Manage ad hoc projects as needed
• Cover phone lines, partnering with other executive assistants as needed
• Uphold a strict level of confidentiality, establish and maintain relationships both internal and external
• Additional duties as assigned
Bring your VIBE:
• Minimum 5 years of executive assistance experience supporting an EVP, President or other high-level executive with discretion and confidentiality
• Develop and demonstrate professional knowledge of the business
• Music or entertainment experience is highly preferred
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to prioritize, organize and establish administrative procedures and work under pressure
• Ability to anticipate needs, problem solve and identify solutions
• Proven ability to work effectively with senior management and senior-level clients
• Ability to manage highly confidential information and to act calmly and professionally
• Extreme discretion with sensitive information
• Dynamic and assertive personality; professional demeanor
• Adaptable to a variety of situations with numerous personalities
• Self-motivated, proactive, and resourceful
• Excellent follow-through and attention to detail
• Ability to excel in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Ability to create efficiency through the use of technology and music-based systems
• Advanced knowledge of travel logistics- itineraries, international and domestic
• Strong proficiency in and working knowledge of Outlook and other Microsoft Office Products
• Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time
• Bachelor's Degree preferred
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, ''Gift Week'', Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwn69k-3-238-232-88-42 in your application.