WHO ARE YOU?
Do you enjoy dance music? Do you excel at box office sales and support? Then you're in luck! We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter who embodies both a passion for dance culture and a love for box office support. Is this you? Read on…
The Box Office Attendant will be responsible for providing a high level of customer service related to ticketing at the box office or ticket resolution areas.
Responsibilities & Requirements
• Actively participate in a training session for the Front Gate box office system in order to effectively help patrons who need assistance regarding their ticket order.
• Quickly and efficiently identify a customer's will call order by verifying all pertinent customer information including the customer's name, email and credit card in order to distribute tickets to patron's properly.
• Resolve any scanning issues that may occur with a patron's ticket at the gate in a timely and courteous manner.
• Accurately administer cash and credit card transactions with Front Gate POS system.
• Contact supervisor for unanswered questions
• Maintain a professional, upbeat attitude and smile at all times in a fast paced environment
• Keep area clean and organized
• Understand surroundings and all published festival information and be prepared to provide effective, correct information about the event
• Take extraordinary initiative when answering attendee's questions
• Treat all attendees with equal respect and sincerity
• Understand evacuation procedures and safe refuge locations prior to the opening of each show
• Report to Box Office Management
• Sales and customer service-related work experience is preferred
• Must feel comfortable with using a computer
• Interact professionally with all levels of individuals in a courteous manner
• Must be able to professionally interact with all levels of individuals in a courteous manner, and to de-escalate situations before they become unpleasant.
• As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
• Employee must maintain and carry a valid driver's license at all times
• Must be able to tolerate loud noise levels & busy environments
• May work in drastic temperature climates
• Must be willing to frequently travel to work events during holidays, evening and weekend hours, as required, to meet deadlines
Applicants for employment in the US must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by Insomniac for a visa.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3vkwn-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.