Infinity Ward is currently seeking an Expert Visual Effects Artist for an exciting unannounced project. You will use our in-house particle editor to author high quality, photo-real particle effects (fire, smoke, explosions, debris, clouds, etc.) that meet all technical and aesthetic standards for the project and implement them into our game engine.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Partner closely with Art Directors, VFX Artists and Game Designers to ensure all effects satisfy design and art requirements
• You will produce look tests based on provided reference materials to ensure industry leading quality and artistic fidelity
• Take direction from Supervisors as well as provide guidance and mentorship to other FX Artists
• Build and test what's possible in a game engine while working within production deadlines to complete all tasks
• Demonstrate a strong eye for timing, weight, realism, color, volume, energy and other particle aesthetics
• Ability to build realistic explosions, ambient fx, weapon fx, etc.
• Experience with VFX software – 3ds Max, Maya, Houdini, etc.
• Display modeling, texturing, and animation experience
• Basic compositing knowledge (Photoshop, After Effects, Nuke, Fusion)
• 5+ years of production experience in video games
• Validated ability to script a plus (GSC scripting)
• Exhibit strong technical and communication skills with the ability to adapt quickly to proprietary tools
• Self-motivated and a real passion for video games
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnkv0o-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.