Infinity Ward is looking for a talented Software Engineer to join our development team working on Call of Duty Modern Warfare!
The Build Pipeline team at Infinity Ward is looking to expand the automation framework and associated services that are so critical to delivering a world class gaming experience. Responsible for the end-to-end workflows across multiple development branches, this team owns the orchestration and provisioning services needed to create and package a massive amount of build artifacts, including the automated testing/certification of these builds across multiple gaming platforms (Playstation/XBox/Windows/iOS). In order to handle the increasing velocity of game builds moving through our massive CI/CD pipeline, we are looking for a talented engineer to build the next generation automation framework that will help standardize, simplify, and accelerate the overall automated test efforts needed for our high quality releases.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an award-winning video game developer, and work with the best gaming talent in the world. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in designing, implementing, and optimizing automation frameworks within an end-to-end build pipeline releasing top-tier games or services. We are looking for someone who is passionate about automation, improving quality, and making an impact across the organization. Constant interaction with your customers (engineering, content design, and QA departments) allows exploration into the diverse tool sets used in professional game development, and encouraged in order to develop an understanding of our toolchains and overall dependencies that are essential to the tuning of your system.
Responsibilities include a wide range of systems engineering tasks across multiple domains:
• Gather and prioritize requirements from engineers, content creators, and designers, whose success depends on your ability to increase their workflow efficiency.
• Design and develop various services, tools, and workflows across the end-to-end build pipeline, while maintaining laser focus on the availability, predictability, and performance of your services.
• Take initiative to find and solve challenging automation problems across an ecosystem of cross-studio services and process.
• Drive continuous innovation by advocating best practices that impact code health, testing, and maintainability.
• Define new metrics and systems for observing, evaluating, and further optimizing business processes.
• Maintain and evolve infrastructure needed to scale studio services such as: Continuous Integration, Automated Testing, Distribution and Caching systems.
• 3+ years of experience within CI/CD pipelines operating at enterprise scale
• Proficiency in Python, or comparable scripting language
• Experience developing testing strategies and automation tools/frameworks
• Experience with distributed build and version control systems
• In-depth understanding of modern design patterns (REST interaction with backend services)
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field
• Background in C/C++ or C#
• Experience with containerization technology (Docker)
• Experience leveraging cloud hosting platforms (Azure, GCP)
• Experience with game or media development
About Infinity Ward
Founded in 2002, Infinity Ward is the original studio behind the Call of Duty® franchise. The titles developed by Infinity Ward have won more than 200 ''Game of the Year'' awards and 100 ''Editor's Choice'' awards, among many other industry accolades. Some of our previous titles include: Call of Duty®: Ghosts, Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare and most recently, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare. Infinity Ward employs more than 250 people in Woodland Hills, CA, just outside of Los Angeles.
A critically acclaimed studio, Infinity Ward is proud to have one of the most passionate and talented development teams in the industry. We love to have as much fun as the games we create, and it shows in our relaxed, yet diligent, workplace environment. We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we like to look after ours. We enjoy having fun with top-notch events that everyone gets involved with.
Infinity Ward is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at https://www.infinityward.com/, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InfinityWard/, and @InfinityWard on Twitter.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw7obn-3-236-28-137-42 in your application.