Associate Technical Lighting Artist
Woodland Hills, CA
Infinity Ward is looking for a Senior Visual Effects Rendering Engineer to join our team and drive the vision of what a true next-gen console can achieve!
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Improve and maintain the run-time particle rendering and simulation code.
• Contribute to the technical vision and architecture for the visual effects system.
• Improve and maintain the visual effects authoring tool.
• Work with the visual effects content team to identify and implement code feature requests.
• Optimize performance and memory profiles of particle rendering subsystems
• Stay abreast of technology trends and techniques in visual effects rendering as it pertains to real-time graphics engines.
• Work with and maintain platform-specific code, as necessary
• Communicate with and educate the visual effects content team about features of the effects engine and optimization techniques.
• Adhere to team coding standards and best practices.
• Understand and embrace the constraints of a game development cycle (you know when bug fixing, and optimization become more important than new features.)
• B.S. (or higher) in Software Engineering or equivalent.
• 5+ years of programming experience in C/C++.
• Good understanding of multi-threaded programming.
• Strong 3D math skills and low-level engine experience are essential.
• Excellent debugging and performance analysis skills.
• Ability to break down problems and design code features.
• Familiarity with the DirectX 12 API.
• Familiarity with writing HLSL shaders.
• GPU Compute experience is a plus.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.