Senior Technical Artist
Founded in 2002, Infinity Ward is the original studio behind the Call of Duty® franchise. The titles developed by Infinity Ward have won more than 200 ''Game of the Year'' awards and 100 ''Editor's Choice'' awards, among many other industry accolades. Some of our previous titles include: Call of Duty®: Ghosts, Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare and most recently, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone. Infinity Ward employs more than 250 people in Woodland Hills, Calif., just outside of Los Angeles.
A critically acclaimed studio, Infinity Ward is proud to have one of the most passionate and talented development teams in the industry. We love to have as much fun as the games we create, and it shows in our relaxed, yet diligent, workplace environment. We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we like to look after ours. We enjoy having fun with top-notch events that everyone gets involved with.
Infinity Ward is wholly owned by Activision Blizzard. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at https://www.infinityward.com/, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InfinityWard/, and @InfinityWard on Twitter.
Come work with the team that brought you Call of Duty Modern Warfare and Warzone!
Infinity Ward is currently seeking a talented Senior Technical Artist for a highly visible, yet unannounced AAA project.
This is an opportunity to join a game development team at the top of the industry and work with the best gaming talent in the world.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Become skilled at our pipeline and aid our team in supporting our content developers and other Tech Artists in their work
• Troubleshoot issues with content developers and guide them on the best courses of action
• Take on various content tasks that require more technical skill to achieve
• Write scripts and tools in our supported applications
• Write scripts and tools to process our content and generate data on its usage
• Help support our content development tools for outsourcing partners
• Work with other developers to capture and document best practices in our pipeline for continuing education of our staff
• 3+ years game development experience
• 3+ shipped games
• Strong understanding of pipeline and runtime game systems, including lighting and shading
• Strong understanding of, and an ability to debug/advise on art production issues around performance and memory
• Strong problem solving and debugging skills
• Scripting and/or coding experience – Python, C#, C++, or similar
• Ability to work in, and script tools in applications like Maya, 3DS Max, Blender, Substance, Photoshop, & Houdini
• Ability to work with high level constraints and design/implement new tools and shared modules
• Strong interpersonal skills, and an ability to work with and support other content developers
• Strong 3D Math skills.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx3v6q-3-239-118-166-42 in your application.