Senior Environment Artist
Woodland Hills, CA
Founded in 2002, Infinity Ward is the original studio behind the Call of Duty® franchise. The titles developed by Infinity Ward have won more than 200 ''Game of the Year'' awards and 100 ''Editor's Choice'' awards, among many other industry accolades. Some of our previous titles include: Call of Duty®: Ghosts, Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare and most recently, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare. Infinity Ward employs more than 250 people in Woodland Hills, Calif., just outside of Los Angeles.
A critically acclaimed studio, Infinity Ward is proud to have one of the most passionate and talented development teams in the industry. We love to have as much fun as the games we create, and it shows in our relaxed, yet diligent, workplace environment. We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we like to look after ours. We enjoy having fun with top-notch events that everyone gets involved with.
Infinity Ward is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at https://www.infinityward.com/, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InfinityWard/, and @InfinityWard on Twitter.
Supports the production pipeline used by artists/animators, and ensures that the art/animation team has all of the relevant tools and workflows they need to operate at peak efficiency. Follows direction from art/animation team on an optimal CG look, and ensures that all art content in the game is being built to withstand performance and memory requirements.
Responsibilities for this position include:
• Working with MEL/Python scripts to automate the character animation process
• Working with 3rd party software for viewing and effecting Maya animations in the game engine (i.e. Unreal)
• Assisting with dynamics and in-game physics
• Designing and implementing efficient character/weapon/vehicle rigs for the project
• Maintaining error-proof skinning data on character library
• Tasks include: Technical animation, tool development, skinning of characters and rigging of characters.
• Degree in Computer Science, Graphic Art or a related field.
• 5+ years experience in Computer Graphics.
• 3+ years experience on console game development.
• Computer Programming/Scripting experience (e.g. C++, MEL, Python, Etc…).
• Strong knowledge of Maya 8+
• Knowledge of MEL/Python scripting
• Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Additional background in Film or TV VFX is a plus.
• Experience in UI design for artists/animators.
• Modeling skills.
Demo Reel Requirements:
• Demonstrates tools and a concise and practical character rig
• Show in-game or movie footage of that rig
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjq3e1-3-234-211-61-42 in your application.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.