Senior Physics Engineer
Woodland Hills, CA
We are actively looking for a Senior Quality Assurance Lead.
This lead will be collaborating with production and development teams to generate and maintain comprehensive technical test plans. This lead will also be directly responsible for guiding a team of QA testers through those test plans.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Collaborates on and maintains all project related internal QA test plans.
• Creates accurate build verification reports and technical feature reports daily.
• Develop effective technical test plans to verify proper function, data content, performance, usability/playability, and hardware/software compatibility.
• Assists in forming and improving QA systems and procedures.
Managing and Mentoring
• Supervises the test team on a daily basis to ensure rapid and accurate completion of assigned tasks.
• Actively evaluates tester performance and works closely with them to alleviate any issues that arise.
• Prepares testers for additional responsibilities, such as Senior QA Testers.
• Participate in QA Tester interviews and contributes to hiring decisions.
• Reviews all issues entered by the test teams to ensure bug reports include required information and conform to Infinity Ward QA standards.
• Reviews all disputed ('Not a Bug,' 'Will Not Fix,' and 'Duplicate') issues with QA Manager.
• Stay abreast of technology trends and techniques in visual effects rendering as it pertains to real-time graphics engines.
• Work with and maintain platform-specific code, as necessary
• Communicate with and educate the visual effects content team about features of the effects engine and optimization techniques.
• Adhere to team coding standards and best practices.
• Understand and embrace the constraints of a game development cycle (you know when bug fixing, and optimization become more important than new features.)
• Proficient with Devtrack and Jira or similar bug tracking database.
• Able to identify defects in software titles and report defects in a clear and concise manner.
• Capacity to create and implement innovative testing procedures and materials.
• Strong working knowledge of most popular console platforms and related peripherals, PC Software/hardware, and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
• Shipped at least one game title, in a Quality Assurance leadership role on a AAA console video game.
• 5+ years of experience working in the game industry.
• Excellent written/spoken English.
• Strong leadership ability.
• Ability to handle high pressure situations and prioritize multiple tasks.
• Must possess excellent spoken and written communication skills and be able to work with varied staff members and personalities.
• Must be honest, punctual, and have a strong work ethic.
• Actively communicates a positive, outgoing approach to Quality Assurance. Able to give and accept positive as well as negative feedback.
• Must be an avid gamer, with interests in many different genres of games and a passion for developing high quality games.
• A strong desire to learn and understand the technologies involved in game creation.
• Demonstrable ability to work with and help mentor new testers.
Ideal Candidate Will Also Have:
• Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science, Computer Games Technology, or a related field.
• Experience with profiling tools (PIX, Razor, Vtune).
• Experience with automation of AAA console video games.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.