Infinity Ward is looking for a talented Senior Physics Engineer. This Engineer will maintain and improve upon our proprietary physics framework, pipeline and feature-set, all built around Microsoft's Havok. They should possess strong practical knowledge of C/C++ at both low and application levels and have a good understanding of 3D math.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Drive our collision data pipeline to create the highest fidelity scalable environments and assets
• Architect and support simulation and query behaviors to maintain our position at the cutting edge of FPS physics related gameplay and visuals
• Collaborate with other internal departments to schedule and execute on the game's design requirements
• Deploy, evaluate performance, optimize, and test software on PC and console platforms
• Collaborate with other Activision studios across the world
• 5+ years of experience working as an engineer in the game industry or a similar industry
• Significant experience with physics pipeline requirements and runtime behaviors. Direct experience with Havok is a plus
• Proven ability to collaborate, coordinate, communicate and support other team members
• Demonstrated ability to write efficient, performant, clean, readable, portable, and reliable code
• Passion for games
''We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.''
About Infinity Ward
Founded in 2002, Infinity Ward is the original studio behind the Call of Duty® franchise. The titles developed by Infinity Ward have won more than 200 ''Game of the Year'' awards and 100 ''Editor's Choice'' awards, among many other industry accolades. Some of our previous titles include: Call of Duty®: Ghosts, Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare and most recently, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare. Infinity Ward employs more than 250 people in Woodland Hills, CA, just outside of Los Angeles.
A critically acclaimed studio, Infinity Ward is proud to have one of the most passionate and talented development teams in the industry. We love to have as much fun as the games we create, and it shows in our relaxed, yet diligent, workplace environment. We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we like to look after ours. We enjoy having fun with top-notch events that everyone gets involved with.
Infinity Ward is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at https://www.infinityward.com/, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InfinityWard/, and @InfinityWard on Twitter.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvn307-35-172-224-102-42 in your application.