Woodland Hills, CA
Infinity Ward is looking for a Senior Physics Engineer. This Engineer will maintain and improve upon our proprietary physics framework, pipeline and feature-set, all built around Microsoft's Havok. They should possess strong practical knowledge of C/C++ at both low and application levels and have a good understanding of 3D math.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Drive our collision data pipeline to create the highest fidelity scalable environments and assets
• Architect and support simulation and query behaviors to maintain our position at the cutting edge of FPS physics related gameplay and visuals
• Collaborate with other internal departments to schedule and execute on the game's design requirements
• Deploy, evaluate performance, optimize, and test software on PC and console platforms
• Collaborate with other Activision studios across the world
• 5+ years of experience working as an engineer in the game industry or a similar industry
• Significant experience with physics pipeline requirements and runtime behaviors. Direct experience with Havok is a plus
• Proven ability to collaborate, coordinate, communicate and support other team members
• Demonstrated ability to write efficient, performant, clean, readable, portable, and reliable code
• Passion for games
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.