Come work with the game industry's brightest to design and implement high level network code for an exciting unannounced title. This role is for experienced programmers that have a passion for games and experience with online infrastructure design and development. Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Maintain and implement integration of first party online services
• Build and expand Activision cross-title service infrastructure
• Optimize and debug game network traffic and improve on existing network architecture
• Proficiency in C and C++
• Strong background and knowledge in server architecture and TCP/IP networking
• Knowledge of networking protocols (UDP) and patterns used for online games
• Understanding of the implementation requirements of client-server and peer-to-peer networking models
• Current generation console programming experience with a reputation for creating clean, efficient, and well tested code
• B.S. in Computer Science and/or Mathematics or equivalent work experience
• Self-motivated with excellent problem solving skills
• Good oral and written skills
• Interest in games, preferably first person shooters
''We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.''
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
• Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
• 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
• Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
• Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
• If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.
In the US, the standard base pay range for this role is $101,000.00 - $186,754.00 Annual. These values reflect the expected base pay range of new hires across all US locations. Ultimately, your specific range and offer will be based on several factors, including relevant experience, performance, and work location. Your Talent Professional can share this role's range details for your local geography during the hiring process. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbyy3y-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.