Infinity Ward, developer of numerous award-winning games, is seeking a Senior Lighting Artist, with experience in game development and an interest in working with next-generation technologies. If you are a Senior Lighting Artist and have experience shipping AAA titles with visually stunning lighting aesthetics, then we are looking for you!
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Work with Level Designers, Environment Artists, Visual Effects Artists, and Team Leads to provide lighting for game environments and characters.
• Creation of static and dynamic lighting using our proprietary game engine software.
• Generate visually stunning creative solutions that are within memory and performance guidelines.
• Ownership of level lighting process from initial look dev to final polish pass.
• Solve technical issues that arise with tools, process or game performance.
• Help to maintain standards for physically correct lighting across teams and studios.
• Support the content and data acquisition process for skies and materials.
• Provide mentorship to other team members in specific areas of expertise.
• 4+ years of real-time lighting experience on pc or current console hardware.
• Solid understanding and experience with runtime and pre-baked lighting techniques.
• Ability to be self-motivated and self-directed.
• Experience and understanding of current ''industry standard'' real-time PBR techniques.
• Solid understanding of photography, camera terminology, exposure, and light.
• Understanding of composition and the ability for lighting to enhance mood and gameplay.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively with both Artists and Engineers on large teams.
• Knowledge of color theory, HDR techniques, and how to use light and shadow to create form.
• Ability to follow design reference, mood pieces, concept art and implement Art Directors vision.
• Experience with one or more scripting/programming languages.
• Coding and shader writing experience a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx39z4-3-236-231-61-42 in your application.