Senior Game Designer
Woodland Hills, CA
Do you want to be a Multi-Player Senior Game Designer on some of the best-selling and most critically acclaimed shooters of all time?
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• You are a master of creating compelling multiplayer environments with an eye toward game balance, exploration, and fun.
• You are extremely passionate about driving your vision throughout the stages of development: concept, block out, detail and initial lighting pass.
• You are extremely proficient with 3D modeling in proprietary tools (Radiant, UDK, Hammer, etc.) and/or commercial 3D packages.
• Be creative and communicate your ideas. The majority of our content begins from a pitching process. Things like story, missions, game mechanics, locations, events all start as a pitch. As a designer you're expected to get up in front of the studio and sell your ideas.
• Serious passion for games. Whether you enjoy FPS, RPG, MMO, RTS, card games or board games you should be able to break down and articulate their strengths and weaknesses.
• Collect, filter and apply feedback. As a designer you're going to receive constant input from around the studio.
• Collaborate with and motivate your peers to create innovative and inspiring gameplay.
• Comfortable directing input on game elements such as story, sound, music, motion capture, and dialogue. As a designer, you are the director.
• Know our games: know why they're good, why they're bad and how you will make them better.
• Know what you want; if you're passionate about joining Infinity Ward, prove it to us.
***We need to see demonstrable examples that will blow our minds. We are very selective, but it's worth it if you make the cut.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.