Founded in 2002, Infinity Ward is the original studio behind the Call of Duty® franchise. The titles developed by Infinity Ward have won more than 200 ''Game of the Year'' awards and 100 ''Editor's Choice'' awards, among many other industry accolades. Some of our previous titles include: Call of Duty®: Ghosts, Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare and most recently, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare.
A critically acclaimed studio, Infinity Ward is proud to have one of the most passionate and talented development teams in the industry. We love to have as much fun as the games we create, and it shows in our relaxed, yet diligent, workplace environment. We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we like to look after ours. We enjoy having fun with top-notch events that everyone gets involved with.
Infinity Ward is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at https://www.infinityward.com/, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InfinityWard/, and @InfinityWard on Twitter.
Infinity Ward is seeking an experienced Technical Multiplayer Designer that is looking to create innovative gameplay systems, fun over the top game-modes and visceral in-game moments for an exciting new project. Applicants should have the ability to show game-modes or gameplay systems that they have personally scripted for an existing title or personal project.
Note: If your strength is on the technical side and you're looking to make a shift from Engineering to Design we want to hear from you!
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Work daily to improve the quality of our multiplayer experience through play-sessions and feedback
• Think like a Programmer to solve problems and accomplish a vision
• Write gameplay script to provide player passives build unique player equipment, manage player inventory, track player stats, define gameplay rules, manage player progression and more
• Provide high-level direction: own a feature or feature set from start to finish. This includes fleshing out the design and then requesting all needed audio, art, animation, vfx and code. Continue to iterate on the design and integrate these requested items as they come in
• Apply prior professional experience to the design and direction of our next title while mentoring more junior members of the team
• Minimum of three 3 years of game industry experience as a Scripter or Programmer
• Knowledge and prior experience with a C style programming or scripting language
• Strong game design skills: Applicants must be able to intelligently discuss the strengths and weaknesses of recent games and be able to list techniques used to make fun FPS combat
• Ability to collaborate well within the team
• Efficient at prioritizing to meet deadlines
• Communicate progress with the Directors well and frequently
• MP debugging experience
• Computer Science degree
• History of playing a variety of game genres both digital and not
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjv8n1-3-236-232-99-42 in your application.