Woodland Hills, CA
As a Narrative Designer (Temporary), you will act as one of several key contributors to the story of our games.
Your work will support the vision driven by the Creative and Narrative Directors.
The ideal candidate will have previous success as a Game Writer and Developer, outstanding communication skills, excellent understanding of story and game structure, and the ability to work within established narrative canon and gameplay goals.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Develop fresh and compelling interactive stories, consistent with company game philosophy and vision
• Proactively champion a story vision that supports overarching project goals through structure, character, and theme
• Participate in the development of assets related to narrative/scripted events (gameplay, audio, art), as well as in their implementation and debug. Own and master tools and systems related to narrative
• Spec and oversee the creation of systems to support key story beats within the game experience through the narrative proper (gameplay production, dialogue, scripted events)
• Understand gameplay elements and assess how they could affect the development of the story. Present collaborative solutions for adjustments as conflicts arise
• Write for various media (e.g., in-game copy, cinematic scripts, story bible documentation, pitch documentation, short stories, promotional copy)
• Promote excellence in storytelling craft through feedback and direction
• Identify, assess, and mitigate project risks
• 5+ years development experience
• 3+ shipped titles with a narrative design or writing credit
• Bachelor's degree in a creative or communication-focused field, or equivalent work experience
• Excellent creative writing abilities
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Strong understanding of game production
• Passion for storytelling and interactive media
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.