Senior Physics Engineer
Woodland Hills, CA
The Lead Sound Designer at Infinity Ward will ensure the bridge between the audio artistic direction of the game and its implementation within technical and production constraints.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Assess needs and quality with the Audio Director.
• Establish and document the technical audio charter based on the creative direction and define technical audio needs (tools, process, etc.) for the project to ensure proper integration, in collaboration with the Audio Director and programmers.
• Design and create original audio content within the project's creative direction
• Lead performance optimization and debugging phases.
• Scripting creative solutions for unique audio implementations
• Supervise the work of other Sound Designers on the audio team providing individual feedback and/or actively participating in audio reviews to ensure that the team's work meets quality standards and remains in line with the audio vision
• Create and maintain audio-related documentation
• Work closely with other departments and developers, as well as external sound/music providers
• Communicate and share knowledge
• Coach team members to foster their development
• Technical curiosity, creativity
• Experience implementing audio using proprietary tools or commercial middleware
• Required familiarity of some scripting/coding language, experience with C, C++ a plus
• Minimum of 8 years of experience in audio production for video games
• Delivery of two or more AAA games in an Audio/Sound role
• Bachelor's degree in music or audio or professional training in audio, CS degree a plus
• Strong knowledge of audio post process plugins
• Strong collaboration and communication skills across teams
• Extensive knowledge of Pro Tools
• Solid knowledge of studio audio equipment
• Ability to provide constructive feedback
• Musical knowledge a plus
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.