Infinity Ward is currently seeking a Lead Software Engineer to join our Tools Team. You'll lead a group of engineers to improve the toolset used by our Content Creators, empowering them to make the best games in the industry.
The ideal candidate should have engineering experience developing GUI based tools, preferably in the fields of gaming, media, or any that mixes the technical and creative. We are looking for someone passionate about working with both engineers and content creators.
The tools team at Infinity Ward is responsible for our proprietary game editing suite and the asset processing pipeline. Working with the Director you will set the technical direction for the team and work with them to meet those goals.
This is an opportunity to join a game development team at the top of the industry and work with the best gaming talent in the world.
In this role you will:
• Provide daily leadership and best practices to engineers and other departments in the tools you and your team develop.
• Build, debug, enhance, and optimize tools and frameworks for other development teams
• Mentor your team on both technology and communication
• Communicate with the users of your team's tools and keep up to date on their needs
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Experience working on tools/frameworks/systems with C++ (C# experience a bonus)
• Experience providing direction to other engineers and collaborating with discipline peers
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a customer-focused mindset
About Infinity Ward
Founded in 2002, Infinity Ward is the original studio behind the Call of Duty® franchise. The titles developed by Infinity Ward have won more than 200 ''Game of the Year'' awards and 100 ''Editor's Choice'' awards, among many other industry accolades. Some of our previous titles include: Call of Duty®: Ghosts, Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare and most recently, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare. Infinity Ward employs more than 250 people in Woodland Hills, CA, just outside of Los Angeles.
A critically acclaimed studio, Infinity Ward is proud to have one of the most passionate and talented development teams in the industry. We love to have as much fun as the games we create, and it shows in our relaxed, yet diligent, workplace environment. We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we like to look after ours. We enjoy having fun with top-notch events that everyone gets involved with.
Infinity Ward is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at https://www.infinityward.com/, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InfinityWard/, and @InfinityWard on Twitter.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyebyp-35-172-223-251-42 in your application.