Founded in 2002, Infinity Ward is the original studio behind the Call of Duty® franchise. The titles developed by Infinity Ward have won more than 200 ''Game of the Year'' awards and 100 ''Editor's Choice'' awards, among many other industry accolades. Some of our previous titles include: Call of Duty®: Ghosts, Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare and most recently, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare.
Infinity Ward has opened a brand new studio in Austin, TX. The studio will work on creating new and innovative experiences for Call of Duty® and create state of the art technology to power them. Our studio provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment to unleash your creativity and help make the extraordinary.
Infinity Ward is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at https://www.infinityward.com/, on Facebook at
https://www.facebook.com/InfinityWard/, and @InfinityWard on Twitter.
As a UI Engineer you will be actively coding and engineering UI screens for various aspects of the game. You will need to possess practical knowledge of LUA scripting language with the ability to implement content into the game engine. Qualified candidates will need to have a strong background in engineering human graphical interfaces and have a well-rounded understanding of user experiences applicable to console games.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Develop, modify, and debug UI software in script and C/C++.
• Deploy, evaluate performance, optimize and test UI software on PC and console platforms.
• Collaborate with other internal departments. (art, design, audio, QA, etc.)
• Co-develop and collaborate with other Activision studios.
• Document software and features for internal and external engineering teams.
• Participate in the scheduling, design, performance and code review process.
• Mentor more junior engineers and be an efficiency multiplier for the team.
• 5+ years of UI development experience.
• 1 shipped product working as a senior UI engineer.
• Demonstrated proficiency in and knowledge of C/C++, data structures, performance, and multi-threaded programming techniques.
• Proven ability to collaborate, coordinate, communicate and support other team members.
• Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented programming.
• Creative, motivated, focused, passionate, results-oriented.
• Demonstrated ability to write efficient, clean, readable, portable, and reliable code.
• Aptitude for UX design.
• Background in ActionScript programming.
• Background in C# programming.
• Background in Lua programming.
• Experience with console development. (360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4)
• Closely collaborated with offsite engineers on a large project.
''We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.''
Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
• Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
• 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
• Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
• Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
• If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.
In the US, the standard base pay range for this role is $121,500.00 - $224,880.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the US and is not applicable to locations outside of the US Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5ox91-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.