Founded in 2002, Infinity Ward is the original studio behind the Call of Duty® franchise. The titles developed by Infinity Ward have won more than 200 ''Game of the Year'' awards and 100 ''Editor's Choice'' awards, among many other industry accolades. Some of our previous titles include: Call of Duty®: Ghosts, Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare and most recently, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare.
A critically acclaimed studio, Infinity Ward is proud to have one of the most passionate and talented development teams in the industry. We love to have as much fun as the games we create, and it shows in our relaxed, yet diligent, workplace environment. We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we like to look after ours. We enjoy having fun with top-notch events that everyone gets involved with.
Infinity Ward is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at https://www.infinityward.com/, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InfinityWard/, and @InfinityWard on Twitter.
Your mission is to inspire, mentor, and lead a team of high-caliber artists who create authentic characters that will be enjoyed by millions of gamers across the globe.
Our Lead Artists are role-models that not only manage the team through challenge and change, but they also build up individuals into highly engaged, efficient, and effective teammates. Above all, we are looking for an innovative and dedicated leader to help tell our story.
• Share your passion and knowledge of character art in the films and games industry.
• Collaborate with Art Directors, Producers, Animators, and Tech Artists to deliver realistic characters for world-class player experiences.
• Research subject matter relating to objectives to ensure an authentic experience.
• Be a proactive self-starter that can independently execute high-level direction.
• Be a trusted gatekeeper for performance, efficiency, and quality.
• Define team goals, action plans, and schedules for the project.
• Provide your team with consistent guidance, opportunities, and resources.
• Lead, task, mentor and conduct one-to-one meetings with your Character Artists.
• Empower artists to thrive on open and welcome constructive criticism.
• Champion best practices and advocate towards streamlining tools and processes.
• Interface with other teams to ensure art requirements and plans are understood.
• Contribute creative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development.
• 8+ total years in the games industry working in an art capacity, with at least 3 shipped title in the AAA console / PC space.
• 2+ years and at least 1 shipped title as a Lead Character Artist.
• Ability to lead by example echoed through a professional and egoless personality.
• Strong understanding of creating character art assets in multiple major 3D and 2D packages (3DS Max or Maya, Zbrush, Photoshop, and Substance) for console hardware (Xbox, PS, PC).
• Excellent understanding of Physically Based Rendering systems and techniques.
• Possesses in-depth understanding of game engines, pipelines, and processes.
• Comprehensive understanding of human anatomy, and clothing and a keen eye towards form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regards to modelling.
• Rock-solid communication and problem-solving skills.
• Proven ability to thrive in a challenging and often ambiguous environment.
• Strong understanding of game art with ability to clearly discuss modern trends.
• Inspiring portfolio demonstrating focus and commitment to realistic characters and current gen 2D/3D asset creation; ideally demonstrating organic and hard surface character, clothing, and equipment/accessory models with high-quality materials and textures.
• Passion for the Call of Duty franchise.
• Familiarity with creating character assets from photogrammetry.
• Strong traditional art foundation.
• History of playing a variety of game genres both digital and physical.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g67n8n-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.