As an Audio Tools Software Engineer, you will work on our Call of Duty: Modern Warfare team. This engineer will maintain and improve upon our proprietary audio tools and audio data pipeline. They should possess strong practical knowledge of C/C++/C# and have a good understanding of UX design.
Our games have won best sound awards from The Game Awards, MPSE Golden Reel and been nominated for DICE and many others.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Architect and support our suite of audio tools to maintain our position at the cutting edge of audio quality.
• Collaborate with audio content producers to improve workflow and aid in the generation of complex game data.
• Work with the wider tools team to constantly improve the audio data pipeline and get data into the game efficiently.
• Develop telemetry and data interrogation features to aid in content evaluation and tracking.
• Collaborate with other Activision studios across the world.
• 3+ years of experience working as an engineer in the game industry or a similar industry.
• A strong understanding of the common tasks and challenges in creating audio content for AAA games.
• Knowledge of tools common tools frameworks, including WinForms and WPF.
• Demonstrated ability to write efficient, performant, clean, readable, portable, and reliable code.
• Passion for games.
• Knowledge of common audio encoding formats and associated tools like Opus and Lame MP3.
• Experience with network coding using sockets.
• VST development experience.
• Good 3D math skills.
About Infinity Ward
Founded in 2002, Infinity Ward is the original studio behind the Call of Duty® franchise. The titles developed by Infinity Ward have won more than 200 ''Game of the Year'' awards and 100 ''Editor's Choice'' awards, among many other industry accolades. Some of our previous titles include: Call of Duty®: Ghosts, Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare and most recently, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare. Infinity Ward employs more than 250 people in Woodland Hills, CA, just outside of Los Angeles.
A critically acclaimed studio, Infinity Ward is proud to have one of the most passionate and talented development teams in the industry. We love to have as much fun as the games we create, and it shows in our relaxed, yet diligent, workplace environment. We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we like to look after ours. We enjoy having fun with top-notch events that everyone gets involved with.
Infinity Ward is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at https://www.infinityward.com/, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InfinityWard/, and @InfinityWard on Twitter.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re5nm8-44-197-230-180-42 in your application.