Founded in 2002, Infinity Ward is the original studio behind the Call of Duty® franchise. The titles developed by Infinity Ward have won more than 200 ''Game of the Year'' awards and 100 ''Editor's Choice'' awards, among many other industry accolades. Some of our previous titles include: Call of Duty®: Ghosts, Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare and most recently, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare.
A critically acclaimed studio, Infinity Ward is proud to have one of the most passionate and talented development teams in the industry. We love to have as much fun as the games we create, and it shows in our relaxed, yet diligent, workplace environment. We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we like to look after ours. We enjoy having fun with top-notch events that everyone gets involved with.
Infinity Ward is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at https://www.infinityward.com/, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InfinityWard/, and @InfinityWard on Twitter.
As Infinity Ward Austin's Audio Director, you will establish and execute an audio vision. You will represent and defend the vision by keeping close contact with all other directors and stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have expertise in audio design and production, with proficiency in sound design, music production, and voice production. Additionally, they should be skilled at managing, developing, and mentoring audio staff.
This candidate should have a passion for video games, with an overwhelming drive to create a world-class audio experience.
• Oversee the design and implementation of all audio for the project.
• Supervise and maintain the highest level of quality for all audio assets.
• Design and produce sound effects.
• Produce music.
• Produce VO content.
• Oversee outsource audio services for sound, Foley, music, VO, Cinematics, etc.
• Oversee implementation of audio assets and assist in developing integration tools.
• Act as an expert in proprietary pipelines and integration processes.
• Manage internal audio teams, external audio vendors and schedules.
• Explain and demonstrate technical details and express clear aesthetic qualities and requirements.
• Innovate and adapt to drive new Audio features. Develop methodologies for continuous improvement across the department.
• Work with the team to define an effective audio style and execution across the project.
• Define and advocate for the audio technology that will create the best experience for players.
• Proactively identify and define ways to improve the audio experience across a growing spectrum of features.
• Work with the audio team and across disciplines to clearly define and articulate goals.
• Lead by example and provide both motivation and inspiration to other team members.
• Minimum of 6+ years working on audio for multiple AAA titles.
• 3+ years working as a leader in the field of audio.
• Experience as a lead or director with proven leadership and mentoring skills.
• Expertise and understanding of the entire audio process, including sound effects, voice over, music, and audio system technology.
• Knowledge of game engine technology and audio middleware solutions.
• Skilled in effective communication across all disciplines and departments.
• A passion and deep understanding of the impact and role that audio plays in the overall player experience.
• A love and passion for first person shooters
• Adept at interacting with and responding to feedback.
• Coding or scripting skills.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnxxb5-54-161-98-96-42 in your application.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.