UI Designer - Mobile
Industrial Toys, creators of Midnight Star and Midnight Star: Renegade is ramping up to start its next adventure and looking for new team members to help make it the best yet. Building on hard-won knowledge as an indie studio, we've joined forces with EA to realize our vision of what it means to be ''Mobile To The Core!'' If you're interested in creating innovative experiences that will reach mobile players around the world, join up today!
The 3D Generalist reports to the Art Outsource Manager and work with internal art team to ensure the technical specifications of 3D assets are followed by the external partners and enforce the proper engine implementation of the assets. In addition to managing the process of integrating assets into unreal, you dedicate your strength to asset management on the art outsource side of production.
• Conduct internal QA on the asset source files from the external partners. Ensure assets are implemented with correct file structures, hierarchy, naming and meet all other the tech requirements. Provide feedback to external partners.
• Ensure 3D assets are imported to unreal project and working as expected.
• Diagnose the modeling or texturing issues and correct the minor mistakes made by external partners.
• Understand existing art style and apply model and texture revisions on work from external partners to match set style.
• Help internal art team organize the assets in both the repository and Unreal engine.
• Work with the Art Outsource Manager in reviewing work from external partners.
• Improve asset integration workflow with the Art Outsource Manager and the internal art team.
• Lead the effort of auditing legacy assets from the studio 's pervious intellectual properties.
• Work fast and collaboratively to make your stuff happen.
• +2 years of experience in videogame development.
• Ability in integrating assets in Unreal engine.
• Have the experience in 3D asset QA.
• Working experience in industry standard software like Maya, ZBrush, Substance Painter/Designer and Photoshop
• Experience in integrating all kinds of 3D assets including characters and environment props.
• Experience with PBR texture pipeline and vertex color.
• Comfortable with handling big volume of assets.
• Not afraid of providing constructive feedback to external partner and tracking their improvements.
• Understand the art style of a game and can implement that style on existing assets.
• Passion for making and playing games.
• Experience working with external partners. Familiar with the basic outsource workflow.
• Speak a foreign language (Spanish, Mandarin)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.