Industrial Toys is a AAA mobile developer founded by Halo veteran Alex Seropian. Our mission is to bring 'Mobile To The Core'. We are currently working to bring the cutting edge of FPS gaming to your phone. If you're interested in working with veteran mobile and HD developers in creating new experiences that will reach billions of mobile players around the world we would like to hear from you!
Our team culture is collaborative and high-performance, and we expect everyone to think like game makers and approach development with a Player First perspective.
Role Overview: Quality Assurance - Development Manager
The Quality Assurance - Project Development Manager and team are accountable for defining and delivering the Strategic Planning and Operational Vision for the Quality Assurance group. You will collaborate with partner program managers to establish schedules, define budgets and ensure the creation of test coverage and project metrics.
A Quality Assurance - Project Development Manager will play a critical role in defining and implementing critical knowledge transfer and the overall communication process with internal and external game teams. They will work embedded within the Development organization, drive continuous improvement of the QA practice across EA and actively share knowledge across the organization, have a strong Quality mindset from a consumer perspective, and be a strong advocate and influencer in game design and implementation decisions.
Quality Assurance - Project Development Manager must have both a solid project management background and strong management skills. Most of your time will be focused on ensuring that project deliverables are completed on time and within budget through active participation in the test duties and processes while maintaining EA's high standard of quality. Additionally, you will focus on improving the operational efficiency of the QA effort by assessing current quality assurance practices and incorporating new QA strategies. You will work on department level initiatives and operational efficiency initiatives.
You will also spend time managing a direct staff of project leaders, engaging in daily test duties and responsibilities and mentoring/supporting junior level leadership within the department. Monitoring performance and delivering measurable feedback to direct reports is an important function of this role. Embrace the challenge of mentoring and supporting a team of direct reports and contributing to the development of their careers. Establishing working relationships within the QA department, the QA project team and the outside business partners are important to success in this role.
Reporting to the QA group Development Manager we're looking for a passionate Quality Assurance - Project Development Manager to join our team to help coordinate and test our mobile titles.
• Own whole project from the quality point of view with the ability to speak to the project in detail
• Process and workflow management, innovating and improving processes to maintain quality standards through several development and live project cycles
• Resource management/planning, financial capacity planning, resource validation and skill-gap assessment
• Project and quality management through test scope / scheduling, evaluating ROI and cost vs benefit analysis
• Working with internal / external partners and groups whilst maintaining the quality benchmark and project KPIs
• Solutions oriented problem solver with an ability to understand, define, propose and implement tangible solutions
• Lead change with the ability to reprioritise business critical tasks and articulate with clarity to keep the team focussed and engaged
• Strong personable people management skills with the ability to lead others, develops talent, mentors and cultivates others within their project team
• Responsible for defining, monitoring and driving product quality KPIs throughout project duration to give a constant heartbeat on product quality
• Ensure testing processes and practices are adhered to at all times, influencing partners where needed to protect and uphold product quality
• Effective collaborator with internal and external partners and stakeholders across a range of technology disciplines and geographic locations
• Drive quality upstream and advocating best practices to achieve this
• Produce and present reports to stakeholders utilizing data that represent product quality KPIs
• Active participation in the test duties and processes
• Ability to advocate and drive a culture of quality
• QA Project Managers are expected to have at a minimum: 7+ years of experience in a software development environment
• 5 years Project Management or Project Lead experience
• 5 years minimum of leadership experience
• Risk management and solutions oriented problem solving techniques
• Experienced with financial management, budget tracking, QA cost estimates and constraints
• Strong personal communicator comfortable communicating across technical and non-technical disciplines with the ability to influence where needed
• Strong understanding analytics and KPIs as a way of tracking product quality
• Motivated self-starter; capable of operating with some autonomy under minimal supervision, comfortable conversing within engineering disciplines with and eye to promote best in class quality principles
• Test case test management software experience i.e. TestRail, TM4J
• Experience of shipping mobile titles built in UE4 or Unreal a plus
• Excellent knowledge of production life cycle, tools, processes and execution planning
• Experience in a Scrum / Agile software development environment
• Proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Jira
• Hands on experience shipping mobile titles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjqnvb-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.