As one of the earliest online entertainment news outlets, IndieWire is respected by film and TV creators, executives, and passionate fans alike for our unique editorial voice that combines in-depth industry reporting and analysis, breaking news, and our best-in-class Oscars, Emmys, and crafts coverage. As we continue to grow, we are hiring a Sales Manager with a strong media planning background who will be responsible for pre-and post-sale management. While this role will be focused on existing accounts, there will be a path to growth into account ownership and sales with a revenue target. This is a great opportunity for a media planner who is ready to progress in their career.
PMC is committed to the health and wellness of our employees. As part of our company-wide rollout of PMC's paid healthcare plan, for this role the company pays 100% of the monthly health, dental and vision plan premiums for the employee and their family.
Working closely with the IndieWire sales and marketing teams as well as internal teams (i.e. product and ad operations), you will play a key role in providing clients with the most efficient, effective, and creative experience when partnering with IndieWire.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Generate proposals and sales materials for partner outreach
• Generate revenue across our digital, custom content, and live media offerings with consumer and endemic clients across a wide range of categories
• Create campaign wrap-up reports for integrated and digital media packages
• Manage and track forecasting and performance of IndieWire sales by vertical
• Analyze inventory avails to maximize revenue opportunities
• Interface with ad ops and clients on all aspects of campaign management and execution from ensuring assets delivered on time, inventory management, makegoods, delivery optimization, and more.
• Manage partner marketing assets, deliverables and materials for live media and digital
• Manage contract negotiations and billing/payment needs
• Work with Salesforce and accounting teams to ensure IO's and invoices properly entered, tracked, billed and paid
• Work with internal teams (sales, marketing, special projects) to ideate and develop solutions across digital, custom content and live media
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
• 2-3 years' media planning experience
• Experience with Salesforce a must
• Experience with PIO a plus
• Experience with live/virtual event sales a plus
• Experience with custom content creation a plus
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, (and sometimes) high pressure environment
• Show a high degree of self-motivation and work well within an individual and team environment
• Willingness to travel to client meetings and attend industry events outside of office hours
• Understanding of DFP/DART and Salesforce or similar tools/databases is a plus.
• Knowledge of the Film and TV landscape and respective industries
Typical wage range: $75-80k plus quarterly paid commission for achieving specific revenue targets. Factors that could be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, years of experience and comparison to current employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range. The total compensation package for this position will also include other elements, a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits including 401(k) eligibility and paid time off benefits. PMC is committed to the health and wellness of our employees. As part of our company-wide rollout of PMC's paid healthcare plan, for this role the company pays 100% of the monthly health, dental and vision plan premiums for the employee and their family. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If you have more or less experience than specified on this job posting, please apply and list your salary expectations.
If hired, employee will be in an ''at-will position'' and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors).
For over 25 years, IndieWire has been covering the business and art of entertainment. With the respect of film and TV creators, executives, and passionate fans alike, IndieWire is known for being ahead of the curve with a unique editorial voice that combines in-depth industry reporting and analysis, breaking news, and its best-in-class Oscars, Emmys, and crafts coverage. IndieWire began in July 1996 as an online chat room and evolved to become one of the earliest online entertainment news outlets. As IndieWire grew, its coverage expanded beyond film festivals and the independent film industry to include all aspects of Hollywood and the expanding universes of TV and streaming and has continued to do so since being acquired by Penske Media Corp. in 2016.
About Penske Media Corporation
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate audience. Since 2004, PMC has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Variety, Rolling Stone, The Hollywood Reporter, Billboard, Dick Clark Productions, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Deadline, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Fairchild Media, Vibe, IndieWire, Dirt, Artforum, Gold Derby, Spy.com and Luminate, the premier data and analytics company. PMC's journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth, and courage. In addition, PMC owns several vital cultural events such as SXSW, LA3C, Life is Beautiful, Latin Music Week and ATX Television Festival. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good www.pmc.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rob551-3-227-251-94-42 in your application.