Disney Streaming (Hulu, Disney+, ESPN+, Star+) is looking for an experienced Technical Project Manager to join our Growth Life billing team. This role requires acute attention to detail, a strong sense of accountability, teamwork, technical understanding, and experience handling cross-workstream technology initiatives. In this role you will directly contribute to the success of our products by holding regular planning sessions, handling partners, outlining strategic projects, and running projects directly with engineers and other technical project managers across Disney Streaming Services.
Your team is responsible for billing customers during sign-ups for Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+. Eventually when the customer is billed in subsequent months/years. We sit in between the front-end team and the Payment team which integrates directly with payment processors. You also work closely with the Subscription team which runs customer entitlements.
We are a fast-paced and fast-growing team, where you will have influence over the services and tools built by the team. You will also have an opportunity to learn about the international landscape and challenges in the area of billing, payments, subscriptions, offers, and promotions as our streaming services launch around the world over the next few years.
What you'll do
• Lead billing team projects end-end from concept to completion
• Build positive relationships with billing engineering teams; running multiple concurrent projects with separate partners simultaneously
• Write key project artifacts, outlining technical specifications, roadmaps, objectives, breakthroughs, and blockers
• Aid in prioritization of required engineering work for high visibility initiatives and projects
• Accurately forecast risks and mitigating exposure to accomplishing projects
• Assist teams in story writing, backlog maintenance, prioritization, and planning
• Develop strategic plans and decks oriented to deliver overall technology project goals to all partners
• Identify and resolve roadblocks that could delay project results
• Facilitate planning events and meetings for teams
What to bring
• Experience as a Project Manager, Project Manager, or Scrum Master for a software development team
• Demonstrated ability with Agile project management in a hands-on role
• Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and growing transparency
• Technical knowledge of architecture and development practices
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbnw0x-3-236-170-171-42 in your application.