Sr. Product Manager, Marketing & Data Technology, OTT
Santa Monica, CA
The Hulu team in Santa Monica is seeking a Software Development and Test Engineer to join our Advertising Platform team to build test automation and processes to ensure the quality of our advertising systems. When our systems work properly, they are able to reliably deliver relevant ads to all of our viewers; driving higher revenue for our business and helping our customers to discover brands and products that are relevant to their interests. Defects in our ad systems can negatively impact revenue and deliver advertisements that detract from the viewer experience due to irrelevance, repetition and other factors. This is a unique opportunity to join a small test team and have a meaningful impact on the QA and automation process and culture, as well as the products we release. As a result, those most likely to excel in this role are independent, creative, and able to operate effectively in ambiguous circumstances. If you are interested in a testing role with a heavy emphasis on automated testing where the results of your testing will have significant impact on the business and be highly visible to company leadership, then this might be the right opportunity for you!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Work closely with Software Engineers to understand the complex advertising ecosystem in place at Hulu
• Develop automated test frameworks and suites that enable our engineering team to easily write, run, and view results of automated functional and non-functional software tests
• Participate in design discussions for our platform to help evolve the platform in a way that enables richer testing scenarios that simplify defect detection and prevention
• Assist with triage, diagnosis, and resolution of issues discovered across teams.
• Contribute to end-to-end acceptance tests
• Where necessary, develop and execute manual test cases to detect issues that cannot be detected through automated means
• Drive the conversion of manual tests to automated whenever possible
WHAT TO BRING
• Minimum of 3 years of hands-on software test development experience, including both functional and non-functional test development
• Passion around driving best practices in the testing space
• Proficiency with Python
• Knowledge of software engineering practices and agile approaches
• Strong desire for establishing and improving product quality
• Experience building or improving test automation frameworks in Selenium, Jenkins, TestNg
• Willingness to take challenges head on while being part of a team
• B.S. in Computer Science (or equivalent degree or work experience)
• Experience with Docker and Terraform
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we’re looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.