Disney Streaming (Hulu, Disney+, ESPN+, Star+) is looking for a talented and motivated Senior Software Engineer/Tech Lead to join the Payments team.
This team manages the payments of millions of customers and is responsible for integrating with different payment processors. This payment engine is our multi-tenant system which handles the payment processing for Disney+, ESPN+, Hulu and our upcoming Star. We own a set of Tier 1 services which are needed to be highly available, scalable and resilient.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
We are a fast paced and fast-growing team, you will have influence over the technical direction and architecture for the services and tools built by the team. You will also have an opportunity to learn about the international landscape and challenges in the area of payments as we keep rapidly growing our streaming services around the world over the next few years.
WHAT TO BRING
• BS/MS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 7 to 10 years of experience in backend development.
• Proficient in designing and implementing large scale distributed systems.
• Experience working with at least one Object Oriented Language like Java (or JVM variant languages like Scala, Kotlin), Python, PHP or others.
• Knowledge/experience with AWS products and services (EC2, S3, Lambda, DynamoDB, SQS, RDS, ElastiCache, CloudFront, etc.) or other cloud providers.
• In-depth experience working on relational and/or noSQL databases.
• Previous experience taking ownership of features/functionality and delivering projects end-to-end with high quality and robust architecture.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work with multi-functional business partners
• Ability to investigate any technical component as well as understand and drive the overall systems architecture.
NICE TO HAVE'S
• Functional programming experience.
• Previous work with distributed teams.
• Ability to quickly ramp up on new domains and technologies.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx7n4q-35-172-136-29-42 in your application.