The Disney Median & Entertainment Distribution Content Analytics team is seeking a Senior Data Analyst who will be an exceptional addition to our team. You will be responsible for turning data into information, information into insights, and insights into key business decisions that steer the strategic direction of The Walt Disney Company. The right person for this role has exceptional analytical capabilities, thrives in a fast-paced environment, loves problem-solving, is a good communicator, and is passionate about high quality content.
You will play a key role in the future of TWDC's streaming business by being a go-to resource for all things related to content performance on Hulu, delivering impactful insights to both content creators and operational decision-makers by telling powerful stories with data.
• Conduct analyses to drive valuable business insights, using internal analytics tools and SQL to access and manipulate multivariate data
• Build data visualizations and multi-faceted dashboards that convey key performance metrics, significant trends, and relationships across multiple data sources within the content domain
• Ideate and develop new metrics and analytical approaches, measuring content performance for both tactical and strategic decision-making
• Take projects and requests from end-to-end, defining business needs, developing strategies, and socializing insights to the business
• Effectively communicate results through compelling data storytelling across the organization
• Provide ad-hoc analysis support to identify trends that drive business performance
• Degree in an analytical area such as Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science or equivalent
• 3+ years of relevant work experience in analytics and/or business intelligence
• Strong analytical skills – with a proficient ability to read/write complex SQL queries to analyze data
• Experience with data visualization tools (Tableau, Looker, etc.) coupled with strong storytelling skills for technical and non-technical audiences
• Experience taking vague requirements and manipulating them into polished final products
• Strong and effective communication and presentation skills
• Experience in statistical analysis tools like R or Python
• Understanding of data warehousing concepts and design
• Prior experience in Media/Entertainment is a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5zb9e-3-236-50-173-42 in your application.